Link: I have arrived, chirrens. I’m teaching a class at Hollis Gillespie’s Shocking Real-Life Continuing Ed/Writing School/Drinking Club.
Thursday, Dec. 2, 6–8 p.m.
This 2-hour, hands-on class will teach you how to build a Facebook fan page (and not just any fan page, but a killer fan page) AND ALSO cover the basics of “static FBML code.”
What is static FBML code, you ask?
FBML application (or “FBML static”) stands for “Facebook Markup Language,” an application developed by Facebook that allows users to enhance the customization of their fan pages. Static FBML makes it easier for you to market your stuff on Facebook. It sounds intimidating, but believe me, it’s easy to learn if you can find someone to teach you,especially if that someone is a social-media nerd with a backround in graphic art and a sense of humor (see instructor bio). In short, this Atlanta workshop will teach you how to add FBML and build a fan page that will grow your business with a killer Facebook presence.
In this class, you will learn (among other things):
- The basics of a professional Facebook page
- How to set up your own Facebook page (in case you don’t already have one)
- Best practices for marketing through Facebook and how to measure its success
- How to boost your fan page with FBML iframes and an FBML profile
- How to separate the personal from the professional
- How to add FBML boxes and other applications into your Facebook presence
- How to create custom landing pages
- How to take advantage of the awesome ”graphics creations” for your fan page enabled by FBML language
[Note, this class is taught during Happy Hour, and did we mention that the Shocking Real Life Academy is located within a few steps of two full bars? The fabulous watering hole Elliott St. Pub (which hosts “Live Jazz in the Streets” after class on Wednesday nights) and the sports bar J.R. Crickets. (Yes, we aim to degenerate.) (Just look at the instructor bio.) See location below.]
To enroll in this class, click the button below: