I feel terrible for neglecting this space, guys. There are many reasons though…
- My exhusband regularly stalks this blog searching for ammunition to use against me in court — puts quite a damper on me feeling free to express myself, you know?
- I’ve been SUPER busy with work. Such a great problem to have, right? Classes are perpetually full… Clients are coming in at a nice and manageable pace. I’m even moving out of my home office into a REAL office in downtown Athens in January.
- Oh, also, I got engaged. *GASP!* So I’ve been a little over the moon, sparkly-happy and busy planning details and dreaming up what our perfect wedding day will be.
The biggest thing though, is that this space doesn’t FEEL like me anymore, you know? Once upon a time, Freak Bacon made sense… It was the only logical name for my space in the blogsphere. But it just doesn’t fit anymore. The only bacon in my life is the kind that is lovingly prepared for me by my incredible chef fiance (man, it’s still weird to call him that!).
So I’m trying to come up with another name for what I want my blog to be… I know what it will be about, so maybe this will help you guys come up with ideas, hm?
- I’m going to write about the blending of my new family.
- I’m going to write about planning this wedding.
- I’m going to write about my life in Athens, Georgia.
- I’m going to just WRITE MORE.
When I committed to writing one post a day on Date Wrecks, my readership grew by nearly 600%. This blog isn’t about traffic for me, like DW was, but I do still want to be a writer one day, when I grow up. Also, writing is so therapeutic for me. It will be easier to write more once this crap with my exhusband in court is over, but I’m determined to not let him have any control of my creative energy anymore.
So… help me name my new blog, will ya?